23 Oct Case Study: Allied Motion
with an Andon System –
Manufacturing Improvements with an Andon System
Allied Motion Technologies Inc. is a global company that designs, manufactures, and sells precision and specialty motion control components and systems used in various industries including, Automotive, Medical, Aerospace & Defense, Electronics, and owning unique technical know-how and expertise for their products. These Technology Units, and support facilities, are in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, and Asia. The Dordrecht facility in The Netherlands employs approximately 100 people and manufactures inner and outer rotor brushless and brushed DC motors according to customer requirements, which are sold worldwide.
Improving production processes, enhancing efficiency, and insuring product quality.
Allied Motion went live with their Next-Gen Andon System from Sage Clarity in December of 2022 and realized a data-supported 10% improvement in response time and issue resolution (MTTR) within a few short months. “Today, whenever our new Andon system alarms, it sends out an email to warehouse and maintenance, and the email makes a sound as it is received on their smart devices. We have confidence that someone is deploying to address the right issue, and it keeps them from wasting time running from place to place,” stated van der Hoeven.
From Allied Motion
“The successful implementation has enabled us to have the data to identify specific inefficient processes. We now have the data to show the problem areas and execute plans to improve them.”
~ Judith van der Hoeven, Lean Officer
Allied Motion, Doerecht
- Location – Dordrecht, The Netherlands
- Industry: Advanced Motion Control Products and Systems Manufacturing
- Website: alliedmotion.com and alliedmotion.nl
- Reliability and availability of an Andon system
- Customer support for the Andon system
- Customization capabilities
- Consistent data gathering real-time machine intelligence
- Issue response and resolution time
- System adoption
- Sage Clarity Next-Gen Andon System Application
Benefits and ROI
- A 10% improvement in response and resolution time
- User-friendly, intuitive, and adoptable
- Implementation of several new business processes